Breakfast and Bible

Thursday, September 06, 2007

23 Sunday C

The Book of Wisdom was written in the first century BC in Greek. It is not part of the Hebrew Bible and not included by the Reformers in their version of the Bible. The Catholic Church accepts it as inspired and part of the canon of scripture.

The question we must reflect upon is "Who can know the plan of God"? The human mind can not conceive the mystery of God and his workings. I often reflect upon decisions made by bishops. I would not have always decided as they did, but they often have more information available to them than I do. If I am missing a key piece of knowledge, my decision will be flawed by that. Who can understand what God understands?

Wisdom is found in humility, knowing our limitations. Wisdom is found in prayerful pursuit of God where we allow him to reveal himself to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home