Breakfast and Bible

Friday, June 16, 2006

Corpus Christi

Judging a book by its cover. Isn't that how we make many decision about things. I want to read an exciting novel. I look at the cover and title and pick one. I want to go on a vacation. Ilook at an ad or brochure and make a decision that this looks good.

How many really good things do we overlook because they don't catch our eye? Hype is the thing. We expect hype. We expect NEW, SUPER, AWESOME, etc

God doesn't work that way. The Eucharist appears very plain but the Lord of the Universe is present. Sacrament look like signs but God is at work. Think of the miracles we miss because we are looking for something exciting.

1 Comments:

  • Padre, you really captured my imagination with this reflection. I can't help but think of your Thursday post on "awesome" and then this post on "judging a book by its cover" and wonder how much I do miss!

    By Blogger Sarah Reinhard, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home