Breakfast and Bible

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Introduction

Studying scripture should be a group activity. Several years ago I was part of a group that met on Sunday nights. I preached on the Sunday lectionary readings at Andrews Air Force Base. Several of them went to other neighboring Catholic parishes. Hearing the reviews on what different priests picked from the scriptures to reflect upon was fascinating. As a priest in a one priest parish, I don't get to hear what others say.

Perhaps this will go two ways: 1. we can start looking at the readings for the coming Sunday; and, 2. share thoughts about what we heard in those scriptures as they were proclaimed at Mass.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Padre! I think this is a GRRRRREAT idea, and I look forward to starting this!

    By Blogger Sarah Reinhard, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home